background

Saturday, January 1, 2011

A New Goal for 2011

I have goals listed on my sidebar. Unfortunately many of them are left over from 2010. I put them there to remind me of what I what to do. Or things I see that I like. And a few things that I need to do. If I get around to them fine. If not, that's okay too.

One of the things I need to do is to complete hand quilting my "Angels Among Us" quilt that I started several years ago. I did not have a pattern. It is just something I came up with. I am guessing when the song "Angels Among Us" by Alabama was so popular.

This quilt is large, maybe even king sized. It was actually probably the 3rd or 4th quilt I ever attempted. It is made of up 9 square blocks and applique blocks. The applique blocks have a large chunky angel on them. Boy, have I come a long way in my applique and quilting.

The blocks just made from a square of fabric have the same angel outline quilted inside the block.

And the 9 patch blocks have quilted stars.


Just guessing without laying it out on the floor, I would say about 1/2 of the hand quilting is completed.

After seeing all of Karen's beautiful handwork from 2010, I decided I really need to complete this quilt in 2011. So I think I am going to set a goal to hand quilt on this quilt at least one night a week until it it finished. I like to watch Vampire Diaries on Thursday night, so I think maybe that will be the night.

Happy snipping, stitching, and quilting!

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good plan. I think I am going to try to really make birthdays special for those that are in my life and those I work for. I think instead of making things for christmas I will do birthdays all year. I am looking forward to what happens. I hope you have a good weekend. Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. you can do it!! Stick to your plan of one night a week and it will eventually get done. I will need to get back to my big quilt next week, I really want to get it done so I can get another one on the frame.
    Karen
    http://karensquilting.com/blog/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your 'Angels' quilt looks so cozy. I'm looking forward to seeing your list of completed quilts 2011!!

    Happy New Year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know what Karen and Crispy do in hand quilting, so this year my friend Helen will teach me to hand quilt some small projects.
    I have the patient in me, it's the hands that may need help..
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your hand quilting and quilt are gorgeous. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails