background

Friday, January 21, 2011

Friday Night Sew In

I really planned to go to a ball game tonight but Larry is working an extra half shift so I think I'll just stay home and sew.

The Friday Night Sew In is tonight so I'll have friends to sew with. lol


I plan to just work some more on the Double Wedding Ring quilt.  I have a a Double Wedding Ring Quilt that was made by my paternal grandma, probably in the 40's. I am amazed at the tiny 1-inch blocks used. See it on the top rung of this ladder. (I wanted to take a picture of it laying out but it is in the bedroom and my lucky husband, who is off until 5 tonight, is still snoozing.)


And Kelsey has one made by my mother about 10 years ago. I also have a Double Wedding Ring quilt made from a pre-printed panel. I don't really count that as a panel. Although there are some good memories behind it.

So, if nothing else, I will have a double wedding ring quilt that I have thought about making for the past 20 years. And I do think it will look good on my bed.

Does anyone know why blogger will let me comment on some blogs with no problems and then "eat" the comments I try to leave on other blogs? I just do not understand. I just know that I am missing some great give a ways because I cannot comment.

Happy snipping stitching and quilting.

3 comments:

  1. Sometimes blogger does that too me too. I have no idea what the problem is. Sometimes I will go back to the site the next day and I can leave a comment just fine.
    Karen
    http://karensquilting.com/blog/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have an answer to the Blogger woes Karen, only to say that Blogger is the main reason I don't comment on many blogs anymore, it's SUCH a HUGE PITA to read the blog, write your comment, and have it disappear. I don't have time for it. Not to mention the hoops I'm made to jump through trying to sign just so I can leave a comment.

    I use SquareSpace for my blog. I hope it never gives anyone the grief that Blogger would, LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I, too, have written comments on Vivian's and Karen's blog and had the comment disappear. I can't believe the hoops some bloggers want us to jump through to sign up for a give away. If I cannot sign up right then and there without doing 5 things, I'm not signing up. They must get money for that.

    Vivian, are you making the DW for you or the lady that asked if you would make one?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails