background

Thursday, January 6, 2011

It's Quiet Around Here, But . . .

I am piddling around and working on things.

Going back to work was not so bad on Monday. And it has been fine since. It is always just a mind set and the cold weather does not help. I just want to sit home by a warm fire and read or quilt all winter. But then again, I like having the summers off also. Hmmmm. Problems, problems.

I have taken some time each evening this week to hand quilt on my angel quilt. I am making progress  and have found that if I put a movie on, I rather enjoy it. But, when I hand quilt, I don't have much to show.

The area hanging down needs quilted on this side of the quilt. I haven't even looked to see how much more I need to go on it. I'm just going to let it be a surprise. As I finish this side, I'll look and see what is needed on the other side. I know that most of the middle of the quilt is finished. With this set up, I start in the middle of the quilt and work to the outside. 

I got a WII for Christmas and have borrowed WII Fit from Becca. I have spent time working out each evening. Even though I have been walking for two years now, I find I still am not very limber. So the Yoga exercises make me sore but not too bad. The hula hoop exercises are good for the waist. Since I do not like to get out in the cold--this may be my winter solution.

Happy snipping, stitching, and quilting!

2 comments:

  1. I don't have a Wii but have heard so much about the fit program that I have thought about getting it, but yet wonder if I would stick with it, I hardly ever really stitch with exercise at home. I hope you like it and stick with it :)
    Karen
    http://karensquilting.com/blog/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hubby got me the same kind of exercise game/DVD for our PS3 Move. First, I have to learn how to use the PS3 Move...for real!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails