background

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Friday Night Sew In Results

While I didn't do what I had planned to do, I did have a productive evening.

First I ripped out the quilting on my "Snowbound" quilt. I just kept looking at it and it bugged me. It just didn't have the look I wanted.



So I decided to rip out the quilting and will try again. I think I'm going to go ahead and use the stars and loops meandering but use invisible thread. The silvery gray thread I used made the white snow accents blend in with the quilting. I felt like my eye was going everywhere trying to find the white embroidery accents I used in the blocks.

Well, we all know how long it takes to unquilt. lol

By that time, I decided to sit down and put numbers to paper so I could decide what to charge for the Double Wedding Ring quilt. As most of you know, that can take a long time also.

But, I was warm and cozy close to the fireplace watching TV at the same time. Nice, comfortable, and relaxing.

Happy snipping, stitiching, and quilting.

3 comments:

  1. Ripping out machine quilting has to be one of the worst things to do.. But, I agree that the invisible thread will work much better. After all the embellishments you put on those squares, you want them to show.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute snow person! It is perfect for the season. Great job with your FNSI.


    Angie - http://craftedAngles.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bless you... I can't imagine ripping out machine quilting...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails