background

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Baby, It's Cold Outside

Well, the snow started early this afternoon.


By 5 p.m., there was some build up on cars but not really on the roads.


But, I was in doors in the warmth watching the original "True Grit" with Larry. (We went to see the new version of "True Grit" with some friends last night.) It's been so long since I saw the original, I wanted to watch it to compare the two movies.

The wood stove was heating us up nicely. And I was hand quilting while watching the snow falling out of the picture windows in the den.

Now, I've moved to the living room and once again am warm and cozy.  This is where I'll stay for the rest of the evening.


If it stayed this cold for a couple of weeks, and I didn't have school, I might be able to finish this quilt. lol

Happy snipping, stitching, and quilting.

4 comments:

  1. it is cold - we do not have a lot of snow right now either - wonder how much it will be by morning. I am off to cuddle under a quilt that I am working on now - how did the two True Grits compare - I had wondered the same thing.
    Karen
    http://karensquilting.com/blog/

    ReplyDelete
  2. They've already canceled school here for tomorrow -- and we've not seen the first snowflake yet! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A cup of hot coffee, and I would be right there with you! You must be getting the snow that is heading our way tomorrow night. I'll head to the grocery in the morning and might come home and baste a small quilt to work on while it snows here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have about an inch of snow and school has been canceled for tomorrow. Lots of steep non-paved roads here. Hope you get to stay in tomorrow and quilt.... I'm going to just that!!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails