background

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Is Sleep Over-rated?

Are you one of those people who don't sleep well no matter how tired you are? I feel like I hardly ever get a good night's rest. If I go 2 or 3 nights in a row where I feel like I lay awake most of the night, I'll take a Tylenol pm the next night and will sleep pretty well. Maybe that's why I think sleeping is such a waste of time. Heaven forbid I should take a nap. If I do, believe me I will not sleep a wink all night.

I have decided that Larry and I just enjoy sitting around in hospitals.  His procedure yesterday was supposed to start at 10 a.m. They put an emergency surgery in front of him so his didn't start until almost 12:30. But everything looked good. I had my kindle so it wasn't too awful bad. I did keep thinking about what I could be doing at home.

Then, when we came home I was going to sit down and quilt but just decided that I didn't feel like it.  I sat down and watched the movie "A Star is Born" with Barbra Streisand and Kris Kristofferson.

I used to listen to that soundtrack because my sisters played all of the time.  Remember the old 8-track tapes. Scary, huh.  I really should watch the original version but I haven't seen it yet. I'm kind of curious as to what music is in it. Maybe I'll watch it today.

We went to the ball games last night. Both local teams lost. So they play today at 3 and 4:30.

Until later . . .

Happy snipping, stitching, and quilting.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear you had to wait around on the hospital, but glad it's over and went well, delay notwithstanding! Eight track thingies crack me up. I never had a player for them -- I went straight from albums to cassettes! Enjoy your quiet afternoon!! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails