background

Saturday, December 11, 2010

Friday Night Sew-In

I actually forgot that it was Friday Night Sew-In this week. But, like most Friday nights, I was sewing anyway. My goal for last night was to finish the adorable baby quilt I was working on. I needed to finish completing the quilting on the borders. I also cut out the binding and added it but did not complete it until this morning.
I think the quilt turned out so cute. I smiled the whole time I was making it. I think it was the fun polka dots and plaids.
I kept the quilting very simple.
A lot of straight lines using the walking foot. I added gently flowing squiggly lines to the corner blocks.
Cross-hatching in the large center block.
 Wavy lines in the narrow inside borders and straight stitch in the three inch outer border.
Simple arches in the plaid.

Many times I struggle with how I want to quilt but this one just came to me. I wish they were all that simple.

Happy snipping, stitching, and quilting.

4 comments:

  1. That_is_fantastic! I just love what you have done!! No wonder you are pleased with it - I would be too ... great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vivian, It turned out wonderful. I just love all the dots. I Love all the different quilting that you did. I am happy that this one went together so well for you. Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. it turned out really well! I love that color combination.
    Karen
    http://karensquilting.com/blog/

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is perfect! The babe and parents will love it! There is something about the combination of dots and plaid that is just so happy.. The quilting compliments the piecing, and adds to the entire composition. Great job.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails