background

Monday, December 6, 2010

Advice on Baby Quilt Needed

I am making this baby quilt and really love the fabrics I am using. Now I am trying to decide on borders for the quilt. I am just planning to add two or three strip borders. But, I'm not sure what fabrics to use. I don't have many fabrics to choose from. I have the pink and white plaid and the pink with large brown polka dots.

Now Craig says I should use simple borders and I think I agree. So I laid out the fabric with a solid pink for the first border to break up the plaids and polka dots.


I do hope I have enough of the brown with white polka dot for the binding.

Here's the top before it has been sewn together.

So what do you think I should do for borders. A solid, then the plaid, then the polka dot. Or the solid pink and then one of the other fabrics but not both?

Happy snipping, stitching, and quilting.

3 comments:

  1. I like the solid pink to stop some movement,, then the plaid. and the dots for binding.happy stitching,Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the layout you have - very nice! I love the polka dots.
    Karen
    http://karensquilting.com/blog/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like what you have. Solid, plaid, then dots. And, how about a scrappy binding made of all of them , to make it even more fun. It's a very cute quilt, and I'm sure the baby, and the parents, of course, will love it.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails