background

Friday, December 31, 2010

Well, I finally sat down and put the first quilting stitches in "Snowbound" last night. I'm still not sure what I am going to do. Hopefully something will come to mind after I have "stitched in the ditch" around all of the blocks.


What a mess and company is coming!!!!!

My family has been coming to my house on New Year's Eve for the last 5 or 6 years. We usually eat soups and finger foods. Then we sit around and play Mexican Train Dominoes and/or just gab. Sometimes we also take turns playing video games. It is usually a house full of between 25 to 30 people.

So I spent part of the day yesterday picking up, etc. getting ready for company. If you do not have one of the new Shark Floor Steamers, I highly recommend it for tile or linoleum.


It is also safe to use on hardwood floors. I tried it on a small part of my wood laminate floors (about a 5 ft. by 3 ft. section) but the pad wasn't even dirty so I didn't use it on the rest.

The wood laminate we put down was from Sam's Club. We put it in last December. In all of that time, I have only used a dust mop from Walmart on it. Every once in a while I'll spray some pledge or something on the bottom of it to hold the dust instead of spreading it around. I've had a couple of spots (food spills) that I had to use a damp cloth, but other than that, I've not done anything to the floor. It is great.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails