background

Saturday, September 25, 2010

All Caught Up

I finished my 9th block of the Snowbound BOM from Bunny Hill Designs. So, I am all caught up. Now I have to wait for the next 3 month's blocks to come out. The last one is supposed to be posted in December. But, I hope she releases it a little early so I can get it finished for the holidays. I usually start decorating the day after Thanksgiving.

I also have all of the Irish Chain Blocks completed. In the next few days, I will probably go ahead and finish embellishing the blocks and sew together all of the completed blocks. Then I will be able to finish it more quickly in December.

I really need to plan the borders and backing so I can have them ready also. I believe her pattern calls for one 4 inch red border. I may have to piece some reds together or order some red fabric because I don't think I have a large enough piece of any one fabric to make borders.

I attended the wedding of a niece today. It was simple but beautiful. Her dress was really pretty--form fitting and elegant--not one of the heavy ball gowns.  I didn't have my camera with me so--no pictures. I also was able to hold some of the beautiful babies that have been born this past summer.

I'm not sure what tomorrow will bring. I don't have my planning done for school this week so I will either have to finish them tomorrow at home or go to school for a few hours. But, I know I'll take time to do some sewing.

Happy snipping, stitching, and quilting.

7 comments:

  1. I love it Vivian. It looks adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the snowmen witht the Irish chain is stunning!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the Irish Chain on the quilt, Vivian. Nice addition.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a wonderful holiday quilt Vivian, I love those snowmen! How do you plan to quilt it, any ideas yet?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like your version of this quilt, and the background fabric that you've used. I've been watching it for a while now. I've noticed in your close ups that the background doesn't show through the white of the snowmen. Are you doing anything to prevent this? I've downloaded all the months of this pattern, and want to add it to my to do list.

    ReplyDelete
  6. that is a great snowman quilt and I like the use of the Irish Chain to bring it together.
    Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks great! I didn't join that project, maybe I should have, I like yours anyhow:)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails