background

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Behind on Baby Quilts Again

A big "Thanks" to all of you who gave me suggestions for the borders on the pink and green quilt. I still haven't decided what to do and plan to let my daughter decide when she stops by this weekend. I plan to lay out different fabrics using the various border options you suggested to see which we like best. For some reason I cannot visualize it, so I need to actually see how it will look.

I have a group of teachers that I have dinner with once a month. Some months there are 3 or 4 of us and some months there are 8 to 10. The one thing we all have in common is that we have taught/worked at St. Joseph School.  We met tonight and had a surprise mini baby shower for one of our group members. It is always so much fun when we get together.

I have promised her a personalized baby quilt. She is having a girl so I will probably use the circular pattern I used for this quilt. She is using many colors in her nursery but mentioned pink and brown. So the wheels are spinning in my little brain thinking about what fabrics to use.

Another one of Larry's nephews and his wife just had a baby boy. So, I have that baby quilt to make also. Thank goodness neither one of them expect their quilts real real soon so I can still work on other things in between.

Tomorrow night is the Friday Night Sew In. I almost forgot about it and was going to work late at school. But as the time gets closer, I really think I'll come home and sew. I have 3 or 4 quilts planned that I want to finish before Christmas.  A couple are gifts and a couple are just patterns that I consider to be Christmas quilts. One is a Poinsettia applique quilt.  Another is the Snowflake quilt from the Moda Bake Shop.  I fell in love with it the first day I saw it. Another one is a Bunny Hills Design BOM "Snowbound".



I almost forgot. I have completed the ninth block of Molly's "Tree Time BOM" . I'm going to put a large yellow star button in the center of the mini crocheted doily at the top of the tree.




I grew up sewing my own clothing out of necessity and do not enjoy it anymore. I think the "door of quilting" was open as a way to help me cope with my children growing up and leaving and my husband being gone so much. God is so good.

Well, as you can see I have plenty to work on. Have fun!

Happy snipping, stitching, and quilting!

2 comments:

  1. I began as a garment seamstress and have to admit, I still love it to this day.

    Problem??? Yes, garment fabrics are SO expensive that for "everyday" clothes, it's cheaper to buy. Specialty items like Halloween costumes? No matter the price, I HAVE to still make them for the grandkids - I just cannot bring myself to buy those "cheapies".

    But, I still make some garments - just not as many.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would actually love to learn more about garment sewing. I wish Cindy lived next door, I'd be begging for lessons!

    Baby quilts are a wonderful gift for new parents, I think they really treasure them!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails