background

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Advice Needed!!!

I asked my son (the electronics genius) if I could replace my camera card and card reader for about $20 each and he laughed and told me more like $10 each. That's all I needed to know. I loaded up and went to Walmart and I'm back in business.

My pink and green top is only 68 inches right now and with a 4 inch half blocks not sewn on yet will make it 76 inches. I need it to fit a queen bed so I want to make it a little larger.


Would you add the half blocks all around and then a wide floral border and binding?


Or would you add a wide floral border and then the half blocks and maybe a narrow pink or green border and then binding?


Or would you skip the floral and use a pink or green or maybe pink, white, and then green?

Too many decisions for me. I would love your input.

Happy snipping, stitching, and quilting!

11 comments:

  1. Vivian,
    It looks great! I think that I would do the half blocks first and then the floral border next. But I am sure which ever decision you choose it will be wonderful! I usually walk past it for a few days to decide. Hope you have a good nights sleep, that always help the decision process. Night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Half blocks then the floral pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd skip the half blocks and replace them with a few thin solid borders, then the floral one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmmm, I agree with CJ, a couple of solid borders (yellow and pink?) then the floral. No matter what you do, it's going to be a really pretty quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. for extending it to a larger size I would add the half blocks and then the pink, white, & green - but that is me I don't care for floral so that is your choice!
    It is looking lovely.
    Karen
    http://karensquilting.com/blog/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ditto what CJ said. I think a solid border would do better than the floral. It just seems to overpower.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd add the half blocks and then a narrow pink border and then the floral - I think.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty! I'd do various widths of thin solid borders, then the floral border. Or, maybe alternate a pink, a floral, a pink a floral-like on JudyL's Note-to-Self quilt (she does it in black and white).

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'd do a narrow inner border, then a wide outer border in the green floral you've chosen. Your quilt top looks great thus far!

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is so pretty! and so out of my comfort zone! I think I would go for the half blocks and the floral border...can';t wait to see what you decide!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh this quilt is just beautiful! I think a thin border (1" finished) of the dark pink would look stunning and then add the floral border. You could use the extra pieces on the back. I love the colors, they are so pretty. Can't wait to see what you come up with. Happy quilting ;0)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails