background

Saturday, December 24, 2011

It's really frustrating . . .

to have health problems that have the doctors baffled. But I still do.

I went in Thursday for an EGD (esophagus and stomach scope). My ENT thought that maybe I had something called EE (Eosinophilic esophagitis). But everything looked good--so I guess we are back to square one.

I guess I should just be thankful that I really am healthy and the breathing problems are bothersome but not life threatening that we know of. It was a day wasted except that I got a lot of needed rest. But then I laid awake most of the night because I slept most of the day. lol

On the home front . . .

I finished the Eagle's Wing Quilt just in time for Christmas. I kept the quilting very, very simple and I like it. I wanted the fabric and embroidery to be the focus. Pictures will follow later.

I am now 3 blocks behind on the Fat Quarter Block of the Month Project. But I'm not worried about it. I can easily get caught up next week.


I have steps 1, 2, and 3 completed on the Orca Bay Mystery Quilt. I only have 60 of 126 of the red string blocks for step 4.  This step is very slow going for me. I really enjoyed step 2 making the 3.5 inch string blocks. But I am tired of making these red ones. I think it is because they are larger and it takes more time.

So I have also started on step 5 and will go back and forth between steps 4 and 5 until I am finished. In the meantime, she has released step 6. I have seen a couple of sites where people are laying out blocks trying to guess what it will look like. I really like some of them, although, I doubt if they were even close.

Family . . .

Craig and Becca arrived last night and will stay through Christmas. Yippee. Kelsey works until 9:30 pm on tonight (Christmas Eve). Boo!!! She won't get home until after 10:30 and I am sure she will be tired. Larry also works today. But we will all be together Christmas Day morning. It is a tradition to start out the day with breakfast. This year we will do a brunch since Larry won't be home until 9 am. Then we will open gifts and Craig and Becca will be on their way to Becca's grandma's home for the day. 

Today . . .

I have a little bit of cooking to do. We will head to my in-laws around 2 and then off to my Mom & Dad's for the rest of the day.

Happy snipping, stitching, and quilting.

2 comments:

  1. sorry you are still having your minor breathing problems - I thought that was all solved earlier in the year! We will have a quite Christmas our daughter and son in law from North Little Rock will be here early evening and stay a couple hours, then to his mom for the night (2 miles from us) then back over for a bit off and on tomorrow before she heads back to the live of retail!
    Merry Christmas
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas Vivian. I hope you have a happy, healthy New Year with lots of quilting!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails