background

Sunday, December 4, 2011

I really have been busy . . .

Geez, I haven't been posting much, but I have been busy. I come home each evening and sew until bedtime. The problem is, I don't have good lighting in this house so I can't get good pictures. Then when I am home during the day--like yesterday--I don't think about taking pictures.

So, what have I been up to. Well, I am a Christmas fanatic so I have been decorating for days. I have decided that this year when I take the decorations down they will go in boxes by room. And next year I am putting most things up in the same place so it doesn't take me so long.

I finished the Tree Time Quilt and it is on the bed in Craig's room just waiting for him and Becca to come stay. Kelsey is out of luck. lol Her bedroom is empty awaiting new carpet. (It will be ready by Christmas, Kelsey.)



I am quilting on the black and red "Eagle's Wings" quilt. Just a sneak peak. It is a gift. I'm not going to do a lot of quilting so that it stays puffy and soft. The best kind to snuggle under.


The teacher I mentor at school gave me a beautiful live wreath for Christmas. (Now, I just have to remember to mist it daily.)

 

Last year I made her a mug/candle rug. This year I decided to make her a small quilt to use as a table topper or a wall hanging. It is ready for me to add binding.


So I have been busy, I just haven't been posting much.

Craig and Becca are coming in a little bit and we are going to make them a Christmas tree skirt.  A fun afternoon. Too bad Kelsey can't come but it's FINALS week.

Happy snipping, stitching, and quilting.

3 comments:

  1. You HAVE been busy! The tree quilt is delightful. The teacher's quilt is fun with the peppermint candy fabric.
    Beckie in Brentwood, TN

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your tree time quilt - and that bedroom! One of my bedrooms has knotty pine paneling and I just love it. My bedroom had ugly walnut paneling so I painted it light yellow with white trim and it's perfect for me but that pine paneling - it just screams log cabin/forests, etc. to me. :) blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh, Vivian -- I don't know how you do it and teach! Teaching is such a demanding (albeit fulfilling) job!! Your quilts are all beautiful. Smart thinking on putting the decorations away by room this year! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails