background

Thursday, December 29, 2011

Meet Renda

Renda is Kelsey's roommate. She is in the same nursing class as Kelsey, so they are able to ride to class and study together.  It is really important to have a study pal in nursing--so that works out great.


Renda asked Kelsey if I would make her a quilt if she purchased the fabric. I told Kelsey I probably had fabric I could use. Then I remembered the On Eagle's Wings quilt that I had started.

The story . . .


This quilt started out as a wedding present for a cousin. Then I wasn't sure if the bride and groom would appreciate the time and love that goes into it--so I decided not to give it away.  About that time I looked over some of Kelsey's high school stuff and came across the ad I placed in her yearbook. The ad had the song lyrics from "On Eagles Wings" to remind her who to rely on.


I decided to add the song lyrics to the quilt.  Then I let it lay around for awhile trying to decide what borders I wanted to add.

Enter Renda and her request for a quilt. When I asked what kind of quilt she wanted--Kelsey said she loved penguins. So my first response was to look for a penguin pattern. Then I decided that may be too seasonal. And I realized that the verse on this quilt would be a perfect reminder for Renda, just like Kelsey. So what to do . . .



Why, add penguins of course. lol  I think I added 8 different penguin scenes.

So last night she finally received her quilt. I think she loved it.






Happy snipping, stitching, and quilting.

6 comments:

  1. What a beautiful quilt Vivian! I love the penguins and the way you put the verse on the sash. blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  2. that sure is nice, I bet she loved it. Sometimes it is better to save a quilt and the right person comes along to receive it.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful quilt for a special person. I'm of the same mind as you.... if they aren't going to appreciate it and take care of it --- they are NOT getting it!!

    I like seeing your Orca Bay progress. Mine is coming along, too, and the 5.5 inch string blocks aren't that much fun.. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello. I found you via Fiberdoodle and Whimsey. I love your touching story of Renda and the quilt. How discerning of you to realize the quilt was really meant for another.

    Wishing you a Happy New Year from California.
    Annie

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a very sweet (and lovely) gift! Vivian, you have such a giving spirit. It's so encouraging!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was such a great idea, adding the penguins!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails