background

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

A Couple of Relaxing Days

I stayed up Monday night until I completed step 6 of Ocra Bay. I tried playing around with the parts so far and have no idea of how it will be put together.

On Tuesday, I was able to catch up on the Fat Quarter Star Quilt Along.  I am participating in. Remember, that is the one where I pull fabrics out of the bag and use what I grabbed. The first one I did had me a little worried.


I love the green fabric. Not so fond of the flowered. But, that is what I pulled out. Here is how the block turned out.


Not bad. For the next block, I pulled out these fabrics.


This block was not one of my favorite to make. But I love the way it turned out. I think I would need to make several to get the hang of the block.


I thought I was only two blocks behind. Not sure what I was thinking. I kept seeing a block on the hosting blog that I didn't have. That was because I had missed one.


This one was a cathedral window block. It had me stumped for a little bit, but I finally figured it out. I think using this block and the one above in a quilt would make a gorgeous quilt.

I have two quilt requests that I do not have fabric for. So I need to order on-line or drive to the nearest quilt shop (about 45 minutes away). I guess I'll first check to see if they are open today since it is holiday time and then if they are text Larry and see what his plans are. He will be getting off of a 48 hour shift at 8 am so he may be sleeping all day. 

Happy snipping, stitching, and quilting!

3 comments:

  1. I'm *so* loving the combinations you're coming up with, pulling fabric out of the bag like you are...this is going to be an amazing quilt!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have been busy, a lot of blocks!Have fun shopping, if you are thinking of Mama's it is open Wed & Sat. I think I heard of another fabric store in Fort Smith but I don't know the name of it.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely blocks. Love your fabric variety.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails