background

Friday, December 23, 2011

2012 FMQ Challenge

Kelsey text me and told me my blog was lonely. I didn't realize that it had been so long since I posted. Then when I looked, I had 2 posts waiting to be sent. This was one of them. They other I decided to delete.

Even though I signed up for Sew Cal Gal's Christmas Quilt Show, I just noticed her 2012 Free Motion Quilting Challenge.


   

I started not to sign up. Why? Because I don't have the time and I don't want to make the commitment.  But then I remembered my frustrations when I was quilting the "Tree Time" quilt and the joy when I was quilting the "Double Wedding Ring" quilt and decided I was tired of the frustration and wanted to have that joy with each quilt I free motion quilt. 

I also realize that if I ever want to quilt feathers so that they look good, I need tips and a lot of practice. Those feathers are really frustrating to me. lol

So I am going to take the challenge even though I'm not sure what all it entails. If I enjoy it, I'll keep it up. If it frustrates me beyond doubt, I'll give it up. As I looked at the list of guest experts, I only knew a few of the names. It is good to know there are other domestic machine quilters out there. So I am looking forward to getting to know them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails