background

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Friday Night Sew In

I got a late start on my sew-in last night. But I was able to finish my half square triangles for the Orca Bay Mystery Quilt.  I was even able to get most of them sew together into squares.


This evening I sewed the rest of them together and then pressed them and put them into nice neat piles. I am excited about this quilt because I am comparing it to my Orange Crush. This time I am using the colors Bonnie did just because I have more red and blue scraps and fat quarters than any other colors.


I am starting Step 2 in a little bit. Only 3 steps behind. lol  But I have never made string blocks before so this could be fun.

Happy snipping, stitching, and quilting. 

2 comments:

  1. I've never made string blocks, either -- and I just found out that the quilt our board is making for the guild president's quilt is all string blocks -- and each of us has to make four! I guess I'd better learn quickly, huh? Happy Sunday, Vivian! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love string blocks! These half square triangles look like fun!! I have a WIP of a quilt consisting of over 900 hst. I would have never attempted it without triangles on a roll. If I ever finish it will be lovely. I can't wait to see your ;0)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails