background

Friday, February 4, 2011

Goodness Gracious . . .

A call for snow again.

I have always lived in Arkansas. When I was growing up, it seemed to be so unheard of to have snow, much less, snow over 1 or 2 inches.

Now, it seems like every year we have at least one major snow storm. I'm watching the weather (at 5:30 am) and they tell me that we have 2 or 3 more winter weather fronts heading through. As Kelsey would say, "Really, that's ridiculous."

Actually, she would say, "Really, Craig, That's ridiculous." Right, Craig. lol

Becca purchased some yarn last winter so I could make her a stocking hat.


Needless to say, the yarn was still in the bag in my sewing room. So I sent her this link to pick out a pattern so I could get started. She picked out the Beginner Macaroon Hat and I stitched it out in no time.  Don't you love the name. I wonder if she saw the "beginner" on the name of the hat and decided to make it easy for me. lol It was a very easy pattern but truthfully I had to start over twice because I was watching TV while working on it.

So, it is now finished and I'm sure she is wearing it today. But, I forgot to take a picture of it. So, Becca, I need you to snap a picture and text it to me or come use my camera to take one so I can show it off.

Time to get ready for work.

Happy snipping, stitching, and quilting.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog...glad God gave you a boost. Some days I give way to the pity party and need a HUGE reminder that there are many rough things I don't know God has spared us from that I don't know about.
    I love the hat you knit your daughter. I have been knitting for a couple of years but reading patterns can still be a challenge to my brain. I so want to make myself a hat like that. I can picture using some chunky warm yarn.
    Hope your weekend is grand with Him Vivian!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree Vivian, I have only lived in Arkansas since 1980 but it very much seems like we have more winter than we used to. I hope this one misses us.
    Karen
    http://karensquilting.com/blog/

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sad you forot to take a picture. Its hot here so I wish we had some of your cool snow.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails