background

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Friday Night Sew In Results

Hopefully this sluggish feeling I've had for the past week or so is gone. After school yesterday, I walked a mile. The weather was great and it felt good--even if I am a little sore.

I came home from walking and fixed me a light supper and then headed to the sewing room. First, I sat down and finished the binding on the 2nd t-shirt quilt. It seems like it takes forever to get the binding on--even when doing it all by machine. And a small quilt to boot.

Then I decided to machine applique a couple of blocks for the poinsettia quilt. I actually got 3 done in no time at all.


My plans were to work on 3 blocks of the Snowflake Are Falling Quilt but I was falling asleep at the machine. And only 9 o'clock. Goodness, I'm usually up until at least 11 p.m.

So this is how I left my sewing room last night.


Does yours ever look like this?

Happy snipping, stitching, and quilting!

8 comments:

  1. Oh my, compared to mine, yours is perfectly neat! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. my table looks like that a lot of times - I can't seem to keep it neat unless I am absolutely not working on anything which is rare.
    I have been cleaning out flower beds this week and while the exercise outdoors is really nice with very few bugs around this time of year it is exhausting because I'm not used to it - plenty of sore muscles right now!!
    Karen
    http://karensquilting.com/blog/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you say ever? Ever look like that? Constant is more the word. Love your poinsettas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the poinsettia blocks a LOT! And do my sewing room ever look like that... All. The. Time.

    *lol*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good to see you getting back into it. Your room looks perfect - just as it should for someone who is working on quilts!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun FNSI - You did a great job with the applique!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yep, my work table looks like that more often than not! It's never completely clear.

    Love the poinsettia blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, you sure got a lot done, especially since you finished around 9! I can't wait to see the poinsettia quilt.

    And I adore the snowman quilt in your blog header. It's so cute!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails