background

Friday, January 6, 2012

Hopefully, I'm on the Mend

I have spent the last two days feeling cruddy at school and coming home to the couch. But I got up this morning feeling much better. So hopefully, I am on the mend.

Tonight we play in the Cotton Bowl so I plan to watch it. I think maybe I'll take the Christmas decorations down while I watch it. I know, most people have theirs down already but I always wait until mid January. Usually I leave my snowman out until the end of February (since I don't have any Valentine Quilts or decor). Not sure what I'll do this year.

The one thing I have to remember is to go through the Christmas stuff that I did not use this year and decided to give or throw away. After all, this is our year to de-clutter.

Happy snipping, stitching, and quilting!

5 comments:

  1. that's right the game is tonight, I guess I know what I will be doing.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you're feeling better! I went through our Christmas things that we didn't use and then it all went back into the attic...I couldn't part with anything! Someday I'll let the kids pick through it so they can decide what childhood memories they need to keep.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you think you are on the mend.

    My daughter and her family live about 20 minutes west of Manhattan, home of K State. I gave son-i-l a hooded Arkansas shirt for Christmas to wear especially TODAY and he will, just to give the Wildcat fans some grief!!!

    I'm not sure when I am taking down my Pencil tree this year. It has red and white lights, clip on cardinals and clear angels. The post master of a small town near me shares my love of Christmas trees and suggested I leave it up all year. The lights are a cheerful greeting for guests as they drive our winding drive. She is a friend and likes to see it when she arrives.

    After today, you can rest for the weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you're starting to feel better. I guess, in retrospect, feeling sick on Wednesday and Thursday beats coming down with it on Saturday and Sunday? I will probably take my Christmas things down on Saturday. Or Monday. We're waiting for the BCS game!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. There's been a nasty stomach bug going around here and in many other places as well - my sister got it and felt awful for about 10 days! I'm glad you're a bit better. blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails