background

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Fun Sewing Day

Today was another sewing day trying to get my niece's quilt ready for my mom to hand quilt and have finished by the wedding in April.

This is my niece. I can't get her to touch a sewing machine--but she will use a rotary cutter and an iron.


This is her fiance.


He is quilting with my mom. If the quilt pattern wasn't so difficult, I would have had him sewing also. He was ready to do whatever we wanted him to do.  (I think he is a keeper.) They are quilting on my "Angels Among Us" quilt that I have been working on the past two winters. Actually last year, I completed quite a bit of it. So far this winter, I haven't touched it. Since we had so many helpers on the wedding quilt, I asked my mom to work on hand quilting this one.

This is my sister, Diane. It is her daughter that we are making the quilt for.


And this is the killer block we are using to make her quilt. I think after two full days of sewing (2 or 3 of us sewing and 2 or 3 cutting or pressing) we have 17 blocks made. We ONLY need 42 of them. Geez.


I know, it doesn't look that difficult. But, believe me--it is.

My sister is coming back tomorrow and we will see what we can get completed. I can't believe it is taking us this long.

My mom says we need to continue this quilting tradition at least once a month. I think she is probably right. 

Happy snipping, stitching, and quilting.

3 comments:

  1. it must be fun to work on it with others. Your mom must be a fast quilter though if she plans on getting the quilt done by April! nice to see a young man quilting also. Good way to bond with his future grandma in law also.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun! All of it! I wish I had a mom and sister who liked to quilt. Sadly, no one else in my family is interested in the process. They all love the finished product though! Have a wonderful day. I hope you have a productive day of sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful block, but probably more than I would tackle, especially as a gift with a deadline. Your niece's fiance is definitely a keeper. I'd settle for a daughter, granddaughter or niece who had some interest in sewing & quilting with me.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails