background

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Guilty Quilting????

Do you ever sew away on a project because that is what you want to be working on but feeling guilty because you know you should be working on something else?

Well, that is what I did last night. I know I should be working on the baby quilts but I just wanted to do some mindless applique. So I worked on the Tiger Lily quilt instead.

And . . .

That may be what I do this evening also.

And . . .

It was for the first part of the evening. I appliqued the rest of the blocks I had prepared. Then I resorted to cutting out the first of the baby quilts. Then as I cut the final pieces I realized that I hadn't used the focus fabric that I had purchased.  So I figured out what I needed to recut and will start doing that tomorrow evening.

Then as I sat down to type this, I realized that the reason I had more red fabric than I needed was because I purchased a yard of both the red fabric and the focus fabric. I probably don't even need 1 yeard total. But now I don't have to worry about backing fabric. I think I have enough. I'll just piece it.

I did get the center block pieced and ready to embroidery. I usually embroidery before I piece, but since I am embroidering in a triangle instead of square or rectangle,  I decided that having it already pieced will be easier to center and place where I want it.


This big square will be on point (not how I have it laid out here.) The full name will be in the center and other information will be in the triangles. More later.

Happy snipping, stitching, and quilting.

3 comments:

  1. Sometimes I work on quilts when I know I should be doing something else, like laundry, cooking dinner, housework, etc... Does that count? If so, I'm guilty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are sooooo right! I find myself thinking about all the things I should be doing and sometimes I let them keep me from quilting, but every now and then I just put them off and quilt instead. Guilty Quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was hoping to see those other Tiger Lily blocks.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails