background

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Moving Right Along on "Tree TIme"

Well, I got around to completing 50% of my goals yesterday. I didn't get the patio cleaned or my sewing room picked up up so I'll just try to get to them today. I did get the kitchen cleaned and the Irish Chain blocks cut out.

Not only did I get them cut out, but I also got them all pieced.


So today, I am going to finish embellishing the blocks and get them arranged. Hopefully I will be able to get them all laid out and sewn together also.

This quilt is going to be larger than I thought. Molly made the "tree time" blocks 9 1/2 inches. I cut mine 11 inches instead. So when I designed the quilt in EQ6, I used 9 inch blocks. I didn't leave enough space around the edges of my applique to cut them down to 9 1/2 so I changed the blocks in EQ to 11. Glad I checked before I cut out my Irish Chain blocks.


I had planned to use the quilt as a wall hanging. As you can see, there are 7 borders also. But, I really like the borders so I guess I'll just make it that big and use it on one of my beds.

Wednesday already! Spring break is flying by. The local Walmart still doesn't have any new annuals and I am fighting driving 40 miles to a nursery. But I do want to get the beds finished this week.

The windows are open. I can hear the birds singing. I love this time of year. It's a beautiful day.

Happy snipping, stitching, and quilting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails