background

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Tell Me Your Favorite Brand of Rotary Cutter!

During my trip last week, I was able to stop at a few quilt shops in Mountain Home. I picked up a few new products to try. One of them was the Clover Chaco Liner Pen. 


It is used to mark stencils. It comes in several colors. I got blue. It is a chalk, but is powder and works like a pen.  I tried it tonight and it worked great.


So, if any of you out there are looking for something to mark quilting stencils, you might want to try it.

I am in need of a new rotary cutter. Please take a minute to tell me what your favorite rotary cutter is and why you like it.

Happy snipping, stitching, and quilting.

4 comments:

  1. Vivian,I love the Chaco markers, but I only use the white one on quilts, I've found the blue chalk doesnt' awlays want to come out.

    My favorite rotary cutter by far is a 60mm Olfa that has an ergonmic handle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Vivian! I love pens and pencils, so these Chaco markers are right up my alley! My favorite rotary cutter is my 45mm pink Olfa with the ergonomic handle. Have a happy weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have thought to pick up a chaco liner pen to see how it works but never have. I will put it on my list - I like that it comes in so many colors. I don't have a favorite rotary cutter but think when I get a new one to get one that is ergonomic as my hands need something easier and better to hold on to.
    Karen
    http://karensquilting.com/blog/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with CJ...be careful with the colored ones. I marked ONLY the spine on a feathered border...and that dang blue line is still there. I found a Generals silver pencil I can actually see on white, but after its quilted, I cannot see any left. Try on a scrap 1st.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails