background

Saturday, July 31, 2010

Remember this top.


It's been in the making for over two years. The pattern is Bonnie Hunter's Ohio Stars and Rails. I started piecing the blocks in June of 2008. I put them away because I wanted a king or queen sized top and didn't know if I wanted to make more blocks or just add lots of borders. Then I realized I had extra star blocks and not enough rail blocks. So I made more rail blocks and then had too many of them. That gave me the idea of adding an extra border all the way around using the rail blocks. I finished piecing it in April or May. Then I set it aside again. I laid it out one day last week and put on my to do list.

Guess what I'm working on today?


Yep, the stars and rails quilt. I used straight line quilting on the diagonal. Now, it looks like I have quilted big squares. I have decided the quilting is still a little bit too far apart so I am probably going to quilt diagonally through the squares.

Remember back before we went on the cruise and I had an allergic reaction to the aloe vera lotion I used. I thought it was probably the lidocaine in it. Well, that is what they gave me to numb my throat and nose. And . . .

You've got it! My rash is back. Maybe hives. Now, I guess I know for sure I am probably allergic to lidocaine. So, now I'm glad the clinic doctor gave me extra refills even though I never thought I would use them. It's back to the pharmacy tomorrow to get refills. I'm taking benadryl tonight. Maybe I'll get lucky and that will do the trick.

Happy snipping, stitching, and quilting!

1 comment:

  1. The quilt is wonderful Vivian, I'm glad you're finishing it up!

    Bummer about the meds.. and the hives!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails