background

Friday, March 26, 2010

What have I accomplished today?

I spent the biggest part of the day making curtains for my living room. They are just straight panels but really brighten up the room. I had burgundy panels before. With the dark brown walls and no overhead lighting, it was very dark in the room. A lack of overhead lighting and dark walls is the reason I cannot get good pictures in this room. The white glare by the flowered curtains are actually sheer white panels. I have shades behind the sheer panels that I pull down to block the sun on bright days. I made 9 panels and I am glad they are finished and hung.


Remember the cute little bag I made for my Kindle.


Well I added a pouch on the inside to hold my power cord and ear phones. Keeps everything handy.


Now I am working on a baby quilt for Larry's nephew and his wife. When we have babies born in the family, I make them a personalized quilt. So I have this one cut out and on my wall, but I am not going to sew all of it together until I get the birth information from the mother and finish the embroidering. (Not good enough yet to take the chance of making a mistake after it is all sewn together.)



This is actually only the inside block. I have three borders to add to it. Maybe I'll have another picture tomorrow.

Well, that's my accomplishments for the day.

Happy snipping, stitching, and quilting!

4 comments:

  1. You've had a very busy day! Congratulations on all your wonderful accomplishments. I really love the curtain fabric.
    Beckie in Brentwood, TN

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you have been busy! Love the curtain fabric, very Spring like!
    Your Kindle cover is really cute too, but I love the layout of the baby quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful curtains, very cheerful. I know I must be thick. I thought you just read your kindle...didnt realise you could listen to them too. I have all my books on my Ipod. Your Kindle case is very inventive...and very cheery also.Great days work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Vivian,

    Love the curtain fabric!

    I read your question to Joan about where to buy the silk threads. You might try www.redrockthreads.com -- be sure to select the YLI Silk 100. They have Silk 100 and Silk 50. You want the Silk 100 for free-motion quilting.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails