background

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Saturday Outing

My son's power cord on his mac book went out so he has been using mine. Larry and I decided to go to the Fayetteville store that services mac to get a new one.

I decided that while we were making the trip, I would check out some quilting stores on the way. There is a web site that lists all of the quilting stores in Arkansas so I wrote down the stores in the Fayetteville and Springdale area. Let's see the first one we went to was not there any longer. The second one was actually in Elkins with a Fayetteville address. It was open, but they had planned to close and ran a big sale so they didn't have a lot in the store. They have decided to go ahead and keep it open and will be reordering. I picked up some fat quarters. The lady told me everything in the store was on sale.When she rang up my fat quarters I had purchased 10 fat quarters and the bill was less than $15.  Now I wish I would have gotten a lot more.


Aren't these beautiful? If I would have realized they were on sale for such a great price, I would have purchased the whole line.

The next two quilt shops we went to were no longer at the addresses either. We decided to find the Hancock store so I could see if they had some star buttons that I want to put on a winter wall hanging I am working on.  I did find the buttons and they also had fat quarters on sale for 99 cents each. I got these to use for a spring wall hanging and/or to use for applique.


I like them but not near as much as the batiks I got from the quilt shop.

What did I learn? Well, not to trust the internet for finding quilt shops. If I do use that site again, I will be sure to email or call to make sure they are still in business.

If anyone knows if the quilt shops in Springdale, AR are still open, please let me know. It is fun to wonder around for new shops but disappointing when you can't find them.

Happy snipping, stitching, and quilting!

5 comments:

  1. Those fabrics look delicious, especially the batiks, for a price impossible to beat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was the shop in Elkins called "Lonesome Pine Quilts"? Someone recently told me about that store - it is in a red barn somewhere around Elkins =- she is only open on Friday and Saturday right now until she retires and then will go to regular quilt shop hours. She is supposed to sell fat quarters at $1.50 all the time. I have no idea what the quality is as I have not been there but plan on visiting to find out. If you want the address let me know.
    Karen
    http://karensquilting.com/blog/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, what a steal! I'm a fat quarter junkie, I can't walk into a quilt shop (lucky for me there aren't any around) without leaving with a handful of them. Love those you got, are they hand dyes?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sager Creek Quilts in Siloam Springs is a wonderful shop and they are also online. I order from them online when I don't want to drive over. Their shipping is very cheap and they get products to you quickly. They are only a 30 minute or so drive from Springdale.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't really want to post as anonymous but that's the only choice that you offered that I could use. Sandra Neel Hutchins (Sandy Gail).

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails