background

Friday, March 19, 2010

I'm So Excited

I sat down to play around a little bit more with my machine quilting.



I picked up the piece I worked on last night and decided to fill in the centers. I did a small area with mini stippling and decided I would try a free-hand feather.


I actually did it. My first feathers ever. Not perfect. But not bad.


Doesn't take much to excite me, does it? So far on my large quilts, I have only "stitched in the ditch" or did "stippling". 

Anyone have any suggestions on how to make feathers easily on a large quilt.  Does anyone out there use Sharon Schamber's Quilt halo?  If so, does it work for you?

Happy snipping, stitching, and quilting.

5 comments:

  1. It's BEAUTIFUL Vivian! You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I am impressed. I think that you did a great job. You obviously have the touch!
    Beckie in Brentwood, TN

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it looks *great*! If you hadn't said, I'd have never guess it was your first go at it! What a happy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Vivian, very cool. And how cool that you were able to use up the "area" with feather - making use of the entrie space.

    I have the quilt halo but believe it or not, have not even tried it yet. I've never heard any feedback from anyone on its use. I'd be curious to hear anyone's input.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails