background

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Star Quilt FInished? - Almost

While I slept last night my house elves came and added a couple of borders on my star quilt. Actually, I wanted it to be a little bit bigger. For some reason I am drawn to black in quilts. I think because it makes the colors "pop". 


The colors in this photo really turned out poorly. The outer border is a blue print and the wide border is black. I took this picture as I was sandwiching the quilt on my kitchen floor. My kitchen has red walls and I think that may be why the colors are not vivid. I didn't use a flash so I know the flash did not wash them out. 


I'll make sure I take the finished quilt picture outside or in my sewing room to get a better pictures. Now, I'm off to quilt it--after I eat some lunch. 


Ok, I figured out what was wrong with my camera. I went outside to take a picture of the ice storm we are getting and changed the setting to take a picture of the tree branches that were moving and forgot to change it back. 


Much better. The colors show now.


Happy snipping, stitching, and quilting!

1 comment:

  1. Yes the black does look good in your quilt.The quilt is beautiful but the snowflake still has it beat,for me.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails