background

Thursday, January 14, 2010

New Blog Site

Hello quilting friends. 

I am so excited. I finally worked up the courage to begin a blog after mulling over it for over a year.  The purpose of the blog was going to be to share my love of quiling, sewing, and crafting with others. 


As I started blogging I came across a menagerie of blogs sharing tablescapes, outdoor pictures, color posts, spiritual posts, to name a few, and I was hooked. That blog took on more of a home and decorating blog. 


Sidenote:  I was looking up the menagerie to make sure I was spelling it correctly and using it correctly, this is what I found. 

me⋅nag⋅er⋅ie

/məˈnædʒəri, -ˈnæʒ-/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [muh-naj-uh-ree, -nazh-]  
–noun
1.
a collection of wild or unusual animals, esp. for exhibition.
2.
a place where they are kept or exhibited.
3.
an unusual and varied group of people.


For a moment I was worried because I thought it was not the word I was meaning to use. But then I saw the third definition and thought that fits all of us bloggers to a tee.


So, I decided to create a separate blog to gather with my quilting, sewing, and crafting friends. "Sew at Home on Pine Ridge" is the result. 

The name was a brilliant brainstorm by my husband, Larry. He said the first thing that came to mind was "Sew at Home". I elaborated and came up with "Sew at Home on Pine Ridge" as a spinoff of my original blog At Home on Pine Ridge.

So I am posting my first post as a preview before participating in Judy Laquidara's first Quiltathon of the year.  Last year I participated in a few of them and was envious a little jealous of those who had blogs and were able to show their creations. 


The first Quiltathon is scheduled for this weekend. I can't wait to get started. My house will be totally quiet as I will be home alone on Friday evening . . . so I think maybe I'll start early.


See you this weekend. Until then . . .


Happy clipping, snipping, and quilting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails