background

Sunday, January 17, 2010

I kind of fizzled out!!!

I had such a great start on Saturday for Judy L's quiltathon. Then I got up this morning and did get the white sashing between part of the blocks on my "Snowflake" quilt.  But then after I sewed the second long strip, the rows did not match up as well as I wanted. So I ripped it apart and will try again later using pins. (Hmmm, will that help?)



I used that as a sign to go work in my sewing room studio.  (I was taking pictures, later in the day, I noticed that I had sewn the top row of sashing on inside out. I guess it really was time to take a break.)



Back to my sewing studio. The Christmas decorations are usually stored in a closet in that room.  We decided to put the decorations in a different closet (or two) so I could clear out some of the stuff that is being stored in my studio. We took the bench seats and dining table out of our 5th wheel and were storing those here, so we put them in the closet. A few other things too, but not enough.

After working in there a couple of hours I decided to come back upstairs and see what progress everyone else was making on their quiltathon projects. Wow, it is already after 3:30.

Now, I am going to take advantage of the sunshine and go walk in the town park. I wonder if I can make it the two miles I was walking daily during the summer? I doubt it. I think it took about 3 months for me to lose all of the conditioning gained working out for 2 years.

Maybe I'll feel like tackling that sashing after I get back. 


Until later . . .


Happy snipping, stitching, and quilting!

Oh . . . and don't forget to visit Judy L's blog to see what everyone else is doing today.

1 comment:

  1. I love your snowflake blocks! Sorry you had to rip. :-/ Hope today is a better day for sewing! :-)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails