background

Monday, July 2, 2012

Oh the heat & dryness!!!

We actually got a reprieve from the over 100 temperatures today. I was able to sit outside comfortably until about 1 o'clock. But I live on top of a ridge with a breeze most of the time.

I finished the stocking quilt but it is hard to stage a good picture when your yard looks like this. 


We haven't had rain in I don't know how long.

I am pleased with the way this quilt turned out. The only thing I would change is that I would cross hatch in the stocking area instead of stippling. Now I can't wait to use it. I may just have to put it on a bed or over the couch so I can pretend its cold outside.


And with the pillow I made. I plan for the quilt to go on the wall above the bed and the pillow on the bed.


And the backing.


Isn't it fun!!! I have a lot of novelty Christmas fabric from 5 or 6 years ago. I don't really want to make a quilt top out of it but it is great for backs. But if I ever want to get rid of it, I will need to make some tops from it.

Oh geez! I just saw on the new where Sweetwater, TN has opened a Redneck Resort. 

Don't think I could do it. Actually, people do this stuff around here all of the time. Just not me!!! I must say, the man will probably end up wealthy.

Happy snipping, stitching, and quilting!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Vivian, I'm a follower of yours and the quilt and pillow you just finished looks so very pretty. Come December you'll be so proud you got a good head start. I also live in Arkansas and share your sentiments about the weather...well and the redneck park too, wouldn't even want to visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the quilt! our yard looks like your yard - no way a person can water it all and keep up with the heat. I was outside all morning - it was nice in the shade and being up higher than the town isn't it.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your quilt! When I saw it, I immediately thought of cold and snow. Here in the south, we don't hardly ever see snow, but we get some chilly temps. I don't like cold very much. I feel like a Popsicle in the winter time. We are having temps in the 100's and it's a real scorcher here, but I can pretty much deal with the heat way better than the cold.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails