background

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Inspiration Quilt


I was looking for a fall wall hanging for my kitchen and this quilt just jumped out at me. The colors and fabric combinations are totally out of my comfort range. And I wanted to use fabric I had at home without purchasing any.

So I picked out the focus print first, then added the accent fabrics.


This is the quilt I was working on in my letter to Becca yesterday. As you can tell, things were not working out well for me.  I really worried about my fabric choices--until I got it together. I think it was the light (bright) pink that had me worried. It does stick out in this picture too, but I like the effect of it.


The pattern has 3 or 4 borders with star corners and I really like it.


My dilemma is this , , ,

It is the right size for a wall hanging just as it is. A one inch border and the binding will make it a perfect wall hanging.

But, on the other hand, I really like the borders and how the quilt looks with them.

Then again, I will have to make the decision of what fabric to use for the two dark borders. Remember, I have to use something I have as I am not buying any for this quilt.

Well, I think if I can figure out fabric I like, I will definitely add the borders.  I have two different walls that I could hang it on. It was the star blocks in the border that made the decision for me.

Happy snipping, stitching, and quilting.

2 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails