background

Monday, February 6, 2012

Back in the Groove

I had a fairly productive Sunday, yet it was relaxing and not busy, busy, busy.

I worked some more on one of the baby quilts. You will notice this one was born in September. See I told you I was behind.


Now, I only need the three borders and it will be ready to sandwich and quilt.

I also cut out the rest of the squares for this square patch Christmas quilt.


It will have about a 15 inch white strip of applique where the break is in the blocks. I got the idea from a quilt I have seen a lot of on the web. Of course, now that I need it, I cannot find it. But, I'm not totally sure what I will put in the white strip. The original one has stockings and Christmas trees. So I may just do that also.

Be sure to visit Judy for Design Wall Monday.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my, Vivian -- do you know how many images show up when you google search "Christmas quilt applique"? LOL! I didn't see one like you described, but I did find on by Natalia Bonner which had a strip of applique down the center -- it was kind of cute, though probably not as Christmas-sy as stockings and trees. Maybe you could change it into ornaments and Christmas lights? http://piecenquilt.blogspot.com/2009/06/desired-quilt_22.html Have a great day!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not so far behind. The wedding quilt I did for my son and his bride arrived 15 months late so what's 5 little months between friends and family. I do like the documentation. And for your Christmas quilt, just put anything you like on the white strip. If it makes you smile, it is just the right thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful baby quilt, you're not too far behind it would be perfect for his first birthday! I think you will get it done sooner though!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails