So this is the back of the poinsettia quilt.
I just love the fabric and thought I would just use it for the binding also. So I cut the fabric strips and even sewed them on and pinned it down. I was getting ready to take stitches to sew it down and just couldn't make myself do it. I let it sit overnight and decided that "No, I didn't like the way it looked."
So, I cut it off. Yes, I was too lazy to rip it out so I just cut it off and made the border 1/2 inch smaller. I cut strips from the inside border fabric and and alternated the strips to make my binding. When I was about half way finished sewing it on, I wasn't sure if I like that fabric either. Oh, well. I went ahead and finished sewing it down and here is the result.
I kept the quilting very simple on this quilt and love it. First I did a stitch in the ditch to hold it all in place. Then I quilted around the applique. Wavy lines fill the sashing and inside border. The outside border is just straight lines about an inch apart.
At first I was planning to hang it in my living room. Then I decided I would hang it in my bedroom. Right now, it is laying across a rocking chair in my bedroom. It looks pretty good there. So if I don't hang it, I'll try to get a good picture of the whole quilt.
Happy snipping, stitching, and quilting!