background

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Poinsettia Quilt

I think I mentioned that while I was camping this weekend, I worked on these applique blocks for a poinsettia quilt.


As I sat down last night to work on some, I realized that I had no idea what this quilt looks like. I did remember which book I took it from.  So I found the book and the picture so I would know what I have to look forward to.


My quilt will look much like the one in the picture because I used the photo when choosing the fabric. This is probably the first quilt that I painstakingly picked out fabric that would give me the exact result of the original quilt. I am thinking this quilt will look wonderful hanging on the main wall in my living room.

The quilt is from "The best of Black Mountain Quilts".

  
I think this book is out of print. I don't see it on the author's website.  But I did see one on ebay. I'm really glad I purchased it. 

I actually purchased it for this pattern . . 


Woke up to 37 degree temps.  Brrr, when you go from 70's to the 30's in a 12 hour period.

Happy snipping, stitching, and quilting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails