background

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Frustrated!

I really love to get new "toys" and new software programs, like EQ6, and now the digitizer for my embroidery machine.

Except . . .

I am very impatient when it comes to learning how to use them to their fullest and my best advantage. I want to sit down and be able to do everything immediately and it doesn't always work that way.

Wednesday night, I spent 3 to 4 hours trying to figure out how to save an embroidery design to my adapter card so I could insert it in my machine to stitch it out. For some reason the software doesn't want to write to my memory card adapter.  I know the card is not bad because I was able to save a word document on it.

So, I guess I'll call m dealer to see if I can come in on Friday or Saturday for another lesson. This time I will take my laptop and machine and the memory card with me so they can look at it and see if it is user error (which I believe it probably is) or if there is something wrong with the software.

Well, tonight I put the 1gb memory card (that I received free designs on) in and it worked. So I know the software is not recognizing my memory card. After searching the Janome forum, I found that my 4gb memory card is too large and I need to get a 1 gb. Of course, no store in my town sells them.

Oh, the perils of living in a small, small town.

Happy snipping, stitching, and quilting.

2 comments:

  1. Vivian, most likely the 4 gig card is fine. The problem is more likely in how it's formatted. Open it up on Windows and see if there's any software or folders on the stick. Is it a Sandisk Cruzer by any chance? If so, you probably need to remove the U2 software installed on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dido on what CJ said, I had to remover things on my card to get it to work on the machines.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails