background

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Lazy, Lazy, Lazy

For some reason I just can't seem to get motivated to get back in the sewing room. Then I looked and realized that I haven't been motivated to blog either. Writer's block? Sewer's block?

Our big state tests for 3rd grade and up are next week. So getting the students ready and myself ready is pretty tiring. I have decided that I have taught them all year and now it's up to them to take what they have learned and do their best.

So I find myself back on the couch again tonight reading all of the great sewing and quilting blogs out there, plus already researching ideas for the next school year.

But tomorrow is Friday. I'll be home alone and the sewing room will be calling. Now, if only I had my invisible pens so I could mark that baby quilt. I may just change my mind and free motion all of it without a pattern.

I think my real problem is that when I sit down to sew, I want hours and hours of time to sew. During the week if I spend hours and hours at a time quilting in the evening, I am up way toooooo late.

So I'm sure to have updates this weekend.

Happy snipping, stitching and quilting!

3 comments:

  1. I get sewing and blogging blocks every now and then too - sometimes all I want to do is read!
    Karen
    http://karensquilting.com/blog/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happens to us all Vivian...sadly. It always comes back though, thankfully.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I get burned out too Vivian, and go through spells where I'd rather garden, or read, or cook. Normally this time of year you never catch me inside sewing, but I am so burned out on outdoors work from all we did last year!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails