background

Sunday, January 12, 2014

Oh My . . .

2013 was not a good year -- for finishing quilts, that is. Or blogging.

A few nights ago, I updated my pages, adding one for 2013. I couldn't even remember what I had completed. I had to go back over the blog to find out. And it wasn't much. I have at least 5 projects started that I really need to finish before I start anything else. But, that won't happen.

I am already itching to purchase fabric to make Bonnie Hunter's latest mystery--Celtic Solstice.  I want to do it in fall colors. I usually do her mysteries as she releases clues, but this time I just didn't have the energy. And, now I am glad I waited. It will make a great fall color quilt with browns, blues, reds, and greens.



 CelticSolstice 146sm

I also want to make Judy's Medallion Mystery -- Back to Square One.

 Back to Square One

This one I want to do in blues and yellows.

Many of you know how it is to itch to start a new project and work with new fabric. So, no, I don't think I'll get my unfinished projects completed before I begin something else. But I'll try.

Happy snipping, stitching, and quilting!

3 comments:

  1. Nice to have you back!! I think we are all too busy...but having fun doing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm working from the stash this year and I never have enough of all the colors these quilts call for to be color organized! I guess I will stick with scrappy - I like both of these quilts though

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Bonnie's Celtic Solstice, but I don't like doing mystery quilts. I think it was very smart to wait and see it first, then make it in fabrics you know you will like!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails