background

Sunday, September 1, 2013

The first two weeks

of school have really kicked me. Changing grade levels (moving up to 6th grade) is a big jump. Some of the things we are required to teach--I don't think their young minds are ready for. But I will work hard and they will too. Hopefully, we will persevere.

On the homefront, we spent the weekend in Branson, MO last weekend. We stayed at the Bradford House Bed and Breakfast. It was so homey and the host and hostess were wonderful. I have never been to a bed and breakfast but we are sold on them now.


This one has twenty rooms so it was quite large. My dream home has wrap around porches and lots of decks. I think the wood is so warm and homey feeling. Our room was in the back of the house and opened to a deck that looked out onto the pool and a wooded area. It was so nice and quiet and peaceful.

We worked for a few minutes Saturday morning on the quilt Becca is making her mom. We still need to add borders.


I finally finished the block border that goes around my latest Christmas quilt (Welcome to the North Pole). This one has been in the making for most of this year. I quilted one block of it last night. My plan is to work on it again a little this evening.


I really planned to complete it this summer, but once again, I didn't accomplish anything. I have decided that sewing and quilting is a big stress relief and that is why I quilt during the school year and not the summer. Or maybe it takes me the summer to recuperate from the school year. lol

Happy snipping, stitching, and quilting!

1 comment:

  1. I think a person needs a stress reliever - and it sounds like sewing in the school year is it for you - clears your mind in the evening!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails