background

Thursday, September 5, 2013

Fall Decorations

I have a few fall indoor decorations that I put out each year. Just a few flower arrangements mostly. But I also have a couple of table toppers and wall hangings.  But, I realized I only have one fall quilt (the one in the header) and the Orange Crush quilt to put on the beds. I have three beds.

Yep, a good excuse to start a new project. I found this one in a quilt magazine. I really like it's simplicity.



This is the other one I found. I am going to make it first.  I have all the fabric I'll need except the inner sashing and the outer border. I will probably use something I have for those also.   I want to see what I need after I sew the rows together.


Here are the fabrics I have chosen so far. The green Thomas Kincade print is what I may use for the outside border. But that takes away from the neutral  aspect of the quilt, which is what I want.


I am excited about starting a new project. I will need to stick with it to get it to get two of them finished by the end of October. That is when I'll take the orange quilts off. 

Hmmm. I have three beds. I guess I need to look for a third pattern. Maybe I can get Larry to buy me some fabric for an early Christmas present. Oh, I do have an anniversary coming up in October.

 Happy snipping, stitching, and quilting! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails