background

Friday, August 31, 2012

I decided to

take the star wall hanging off the lap hoop and put it on my floor frame.


I visited the chiropractor yesterday because of a pull in my neck. He really worked me over and said he was more worried about my neck than anything else. I have a feeling that I was quilting at an odd angle when I was using the lap hoop.

So, this leads me to a question for all of you hand quilters. How far off of the floor is your quilting frame? And, where does the frame come to your body? I mean are your elbows at a 45 degree angle of what?

I feel like mine may be a little high and am wondering if I may need to have Larry cut it off for me.

I am very thankful for the rain we have received.

Happy snipping, stitching, and quilting.

2 comments:

  1. my floor frame sits about 28 inches off the floor. I have an adjustable secretary chair when I sit the quilt is about mid way between my waist and chest. When arms are bent my elbows are about even with the quilt. When I quilt with the hoop I am sitting on the couch and have my feet propped on the coffee table with my knees bent - comfy for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. forgot to mention - at the frame this might differ for you as you are short and I am tall :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails