background

Thursday, August 23, 2012

Oh My,

It is a busy time.

School is up and running. PTO meeting tonight so it was a long day.

I have been working on several things in the quilt world but just haven't taken the time to take pictures. I am slowly progressing on the star quilt I guess I have about 2 1/2 rows out of 5 completed.


I have decided to hand quilt the shirt scrap wall hanging. I had a small hoop and decided to see if it would work. It is working fine, even if it is an embroidery hoop. I almost have one block completed.


I have started on another quilt and hope I am not disappointed. I am making this quilt of Bonnie Hunter's. The reason I say, "I hope I am not disappointed" is that I put some of the block units on the design wall and was not thrilled with how it looked. I think it is because I am chain piecing and had too much of the green plaid up on the wall.


But, I am almost sure it will turn out great.

Well, all lesson plans have to be turned in by 3 o'clock on Friday afternoon so I should be able to leave school at a decent time and begin sewing or quilting early and make a long evening of it.

Happy snipping, stitching, and quilting.

1 comment:

  1. I never have looked for the shirting that I was going to do,i need to put that on my to do list and see what the local goodwill type of stores have.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails