background

Thursday, August 9, 2012

Busy, Busy, Busy

and getting very little accomplished. Or it seems that way.

School starts on the 20th. The summer has flown by.

I went to school for a few hours yesterday and the only thing I accomplished was getting some decorations laminated. I was interrupted way too many times. :) I was planning to get up and out of the house by 7 this morning--didn't happen. Forgot to turn on the alarm clock.

On the quilting front, I have made some headway on this wall hanging.


It is over halfway machine quilted. All of the floral blocks are quilted and some of the star blocks. I am just doing free motion stitch in the ditch on those. And believe me--I need practice on that.

And I have 2 rows completed on the star quilt I am hand quilting. I have two more blocks partially quilted on another row.


That is 10 blocks completed out of 25. I have decided that this is the pattern that is taking me a long time.  You know the continuous hearts around the Irish Chain block.


The continuous curves seem to take so much more time than the straight lines.

Well, that's a catch up in a nutshell.

Happy snipping, stitching, and quilting!

1 comment:

  1. curves do take time don't they - I love what you are doing hand quilting though on the star quilt - you will be glad you did when it is done. To bad school starts so soon - we never did meet for lunch this summer!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails