background

Thursday, August 16, 2012

I didn't realize

that it takes so long to cut and sew 60 flying geese. Maybe I am just a slow sewer.


I have all 60 sewn together, but I only have one side border completed. Hopefully I will get around to doing the rest tomorrow. It would be great to get this wall hanging completed before going back to school on Monday.

This is the wall hanging I am making from the mens shirts I purchased at "The Community Outreach".  I have been thinking about a quilt for my son's bedroom and I do believe I will purchase a few more shirts and make one from shirting fabric.

I will say that it was confusing figuring out how to cut scraps for this quilt. Maybe it was the way the directions were written. I finally just chose fabric for each block and cut out what I needed.

 Most of Bonnie Hunter's quilt patterns are made for using scraps so I think I will choose one of her patterns for a large quilt.

Happy snipping, stitching, and quilting.

4 comments:

  1. For Bonnie's patterns if you want larger blocks just increase the strip size. I did "my blue heaven" using 4.5 strips and got a 16" block. You sure see progress so much faster. I finished 2 tops and of the 3 other ladies only one has finished to top using 8" finished blocks.

    Oh, I love the wall hanging. And have a very Blessed school ear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. * year.. The downside of an iPad...even with glasses the print s too small this early in the morning. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. some patterns have hard directions to follow I think.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love quilts made with men's shirts. I haven't tried one yet, but I've adored, ooohed and aaaahed over others! Can't believe school starts Monday! So long, summer! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails