background

Monday, September 5, 2011

A Heavenly Fall-Like Day

I awoke this morning to a heavenly fall-like day. The temps were in the 70's instead of 90's as it has been for the past two months.

I would love to have a couple of months of these cooler temperatures before it gets unbearably cold. Usually on days like these I text Larry and say, "Perfect camping weather" or "We need a campfire."


I worked this morning on a baby quilt (that I am two months behind on). The baby's room is in Razorbacks (the state college team). I just happened to have some Razorback curtains that I took out of my classroom. I washed the fabric and it has laid around the house for two years. I decided there was not any reason to buy new fabric so I am using the curtain.

The quilt is going to be a simple strip quilt personalized with the baby's birth stats.

With the coming of cooler weather, I decided to change my headers. I headed outside to find a spot I haven't used to photo a quilt before and decided on the railing going up to the gazebo.


"B Date" is scheduled for this evening. We will be heading out to the backyard for a cookout and then probably boardgames. Anything to celebrate the cooler temperatures and a quiet evening outdoors. I may have to see if I can find a movie to watch later.

Have a great day. I hope the temperatures are cooler where you are or warmer for you friends on the other side of the world.

Be sure to drop by Judy's for Design Wall Monday. A perfect way for me to end the afternoon today. Sitting on the patio looking at beautiful quilts. 

Happy snipping, stitching, and quilting.

4 comments:

  1. I love your new header photo. Is that from Sandy Gervais' Pumpkins Gone Wild? Fun stuff! Enjoy your cooler temps--we got the cooler temps also, but it's also been raining steady for 24 hours. That's okay -- at least the a/c has hardly run! Have a great afternoon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hallelujah for a promise of Fall with these cool temps. LOVE the new banner quilt. Just perfect to welcome Fall into our lives after such a dry HOT summer. Have a great day.
    Beckie in Brentwood, TN

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the new header...really love it! The B date sounds fun, but what's the C date? :). Blessings, Marlene

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy new header for fall! I actually had to turn the heat on this morning while I was lounging about having my morning coffee and reading the paper. We didn't really have much of a summer here in the Pacific Northwest, but fall is on its way already. Poo.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails