background

Saturday, July 2, 2011

Just dropping in . . .

to say Hi.

I have not been sewing very much this week.  I have been working on school stuff. My office is a mess.

Hope to get some more applique done this week. I also had a new great nephew born that I have to make a quilt for. So I am behind.

The family is gathering at my house on Monday for an afternoon of fun. So I guess I need to pick up a little bit and get the things I'll need for a cookout.

It's been awhile since I told a Craig story. So I guess it's time for one.

You know when you have children--what's theirs is theirs and what's yours is theirs. lol 

Well, a good while back (maybe 2 years or so), Craig needed to frequently use my printer for school projects. So he took it downstairs and used it there. Over a year ago, he purchased his own printer and put mine in a closet. (I do have another printer I was using.)

On Friday, I decided I needed to make some copies and needed my old printer that Craig had stashed away.  But the power cord was not with it. I looked all over downstairs and upstairs and could not find it.

I searched on-line and found that a new power cord would be $55. No way was I going to order one and pay that.  So I headed to Wal-mart to purchase a new printer/copier/scanner.

Now, Criag will be moving out shortly and decided today was the day to start cleaning out his closet. When lo and behold, what did he find behind the door in his closet? You got it, my power cord.

You gotta love him!

I am guessing that after a year or more of not being used, the ink in it is kind of dried up. I haven't tried it. The printer is so old that the new one I purchased is about half the size. So I'm not sure I'll even worry about hooking it up.

So, all in all, Craig probably did me a favor. 

Happy snipping, stitching, and quilting!

1 comment:

  1. I laughed out loud at this post. My husband and I are away on a mission trip. Our son and his family are vacationing at our house (we live beside a lake). He has texted me several times with questions like: where do you keep our tea, what kind of detergent do you have at our house, etc. He, by the way, has never lived in that house because we moved there long after he married and had a family. :) blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails