background

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Call Me Crazy

but I got up at 4:15 Wednesday morning. Why? Not sure. Woke up and couldn't get back to sleep. So after 10 or 15 minutes I got up. Had my coffee and sat watching the early news and reading blogs and teacher forums.

Then I decided to go sit outside and listen to the world come alive. I got settled on my patio, with my computer of course, and started listening and watching. By then it was 5:45 and this is what my world looked like. Barely light enough to get a picture.


I wish I were a bird fanatic because I heard I don't know how many different bird calls and have no idea what kind of birds they are. At first I counted 3 or 4 but then the longer I sat the more different calls I heard.

I could also hear the Cicadas singing.

I live right off of a main highway (not inside town though) and there was light traffic. I remember 6 years ago when we first moved here. I didn't think I would ever get used to the traffic noises. Now, they are all part of the scheme of things.



All of the sudden at about 6:30 there was almost total silence. I could hear the wind blowing through the trees and the traffic of people going to work, but no animal sounds. Very strange. It's almost as if nature knew humans were awake now.

So, while I know many people are saying, "Why in the world were you up at that hour."

. . . I think of all that I heard this morning and how much I am missing out on by not sitting outside every morning.

Thank you, Lord.

Happy snipping, stitching, and quilting.

2 comments:

  1. Yep. Something very refreshing to the soul, to sit and listen and observe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful spot to wake up in! I love going out on the deck and just listening to the birds and watching the trees blow.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails