background

Saturday, April 2, 2011

A Pillow is Born

If you read my previous post, you will know I was on the look out for this fabric . . .


Karen was nice enough to e-mail All About My Kaleidoscope Quilt Shop to ask what fabric line this was.  She found out it was called "Quiltgate".  I know there were a couple of you that wanted to know what it was. I hope this helps you.

The reason I was looking for this fabric line was because I fell in love with this pillow and wanted to make one just like it.


Well, I decided to just look through my scraps and use what I had. So this morning, I proceeded to choose fabric and draw out the letters. This is what I came up with.


I was in such a hurry to get it all together that I forgot to add the extra embellishments, like the hearts and embroidery. And now I realize I forgot the lace also. So I may have to make another one later on and give this one to one of the kids.


But for now, it has a home on this bench that my dad made me years ago.

Happy snipping, stitching, and quilting.

4 comments:

  1. That's wonderful. The simplicity of it is charming. It's just right for the bench. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty!!
    Karen
    http://karensquilting.com/blog/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like it!!! Certainly makes a statement.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails